Dirk Weyershausen was appointed as a Soloist in his first season with The Norwegian National Ballet. Originally from Cologne, Germany, he trained under with John Neumeier at the Hamburg Ballet School, and danced with the Hamburg Ballet, until moving to Oslo in 2003.
Weyershausen has distinguished himself in particular in the major classical and neoclassical roles. His most important roles with The Norwegian National Ballet are the title role in Cranko's Onegin, Prince Siegfried in Holmes' Swan Lake, and the Prince in Bjørn's The Nutcracker, Petipa's Sleeping Beauty and Stevenson's Cinderella. He has danced the main role in Tetley's Voluntaries and the title role in Balanchine's Apollo, and has danced several prominent solo parts in works by Balanchine, Wheeldon, Forsythe, Kylián and Lightfoot and León. Other roles include Oberon in Sund's A Midsummer Night's Dream, Albrecht in Coralli/Perrot's Giselle, Paris in Corder's Romeo and Juliet, Lucentio in Cranko's The Taming of the Shrew and Espada in Don Quixote.
With the Hamburg Ballet, he danced principal roles such as the King in A Cinderella Story, Prince Günther in The Nutcracker and Agagietto in The 5th Symphony of Gustav Mahler, all choreographed by Neumeier. As a member of the Hamburg Ballet, he appeared in performance spaces such as the Marinsky Theatre and the Paris Opera.
In 2010, Weyershausen made a guest appearance with the South African Ballet Theatre in Johannesburg, dancing the role of Don José in Paeper's Carmen the Ballet, and in 2012 he danced the role of Jean de Brienne in Furber's Raymonda with the Cape Town City Ballet.
- Onegin in Onegin
- Prins Siegfried in Swan Lake
- Future Memories – an evening with Jiří Kylián
- Paris in Romeo and Juliet
- Prins in Cinderella
- Monsieur G.M. in Manon
- Albrecht in Giselle
- Prinsen in The Nutcracker
- Alexej Karenin in Anna Karenina
- Petite Mort in AN EVENING WITH JIŘÍ KYLIÁN: BLACK & WHITE
- Arcimboldo in A GALA PERFORMANCE FROM THE NORWEGIAN NATIONAL BALLET
- Svanesjøen Pas de deux in A GALA PERFORMANCE FROM THE NORWEGIAN NATIONAL BALLET
- Agon in An evening with Balanchine
- Serenade in An evening with Balanchine
- Vals par in The Nutcracker