Clair Constant was born in Durban, South Africa, and studied with Paddy Chelin and at the National School of Arts. Clair Constant danced with Pact Ballet in Pretoria in parts such as Lisa in La Fille Mal Gardee and the Lilac Fairy in Sleeping Beauty, with the Hong Kong Ballet with whom she toured Europe in 2000, and with Ballet Ireland prior to joining the Norwegian National Ballet in 2004. Clair Constant has received several awards during her dancing career in South Africa.
With the Norwegian National Ballet Clair Constant has danced the Snow Queen in Bjørn's The Nutcracker, the Dryad Queen in Nureyev's Don Quixote, the Winter Fairy in Stevensen's Cinderella, Calliope in Balanchine's Apollo, and the Lilac Fairy and the Grace Fairy in Petipa's Sleeping Beauty. She has danced prominent solo parts in Wheeldon's Polyphonia, Elo's Cut To Drive*, Holmes‘ Swan Lake, Balanchine's The Four Temperaments, and Espejord's Met the Wall?* and Three, Three or Three?*.
- Odette/Odile in Swan Lake
- Timelapse in Back to the Future
- The Producer / Ornithologist in A Swan lake
- Gjester in The Nutcracker
- Snøfnugg in The Nutcracker
- Vals par in The Nutcracker
- Fabrikkarbeidere in Carmen – a ballet by Liam Scarlett
- Lilas Pastias in Carmen – a ballet by Liam Scarlett
- Sigøynerkvinne in Carmen – a ballet by Liam Scarlett
- Dryadedronning in Don Quixote
- Fandango in Don Quixote
- Timelapse in An Evening with Kylián, Forsythe and Øyen