Since joining The Norwegian National Ballet in spring 2013, Osiel Gouneo has impressed in roles such as Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, the Bluebird in Sleeping Beauty, the Moor in Øyen's Petrushka, and as the Prince in The Nutcracker.
Born in 1990 in Matanzas, Cuba, he began training at the Cuban National Ballet School in Havana in 2005. In 2008 he joined the Cuban National Ballet, where he was appointed a Principal Dancer in 2011. There he danced leading classical roles such as the Prince in Swan Lake and Cinderella, Basilio in Don Quixote and Franz in Coppélia, touring performance spaces such as the London Coliseum, the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow and the Lincoln Center in New York.
Osiel Gouneo has participated in several international competitions, and in 2008 he won the gold medal both in the Cuban Grand Prix and the Beijing International Ballet Competition, and the silver medal in the Varna International Ballet Competition in Bulgaria. In 2013 he was named Best Newcomer on the international dance scene in the annual Positano Awards.
- Escamillo in Carmen - a ballet in three acts
- Prins in Cinderella
- Without Words in Dream Play
- Des Grieux in Manon
- Lescaut in Manon
- Steptext in Back to the Future
- Timelapse in Back to the Future
- Hilarion in Giselle
- følge til fyrstinne Betsy in Anna Karenina
- Sweet Dreams in AN EVENING WITH JIŘÍ KYLIÁN: BLACK & WHITE
- Diana og Acteon Pas de deux in A GALA PERFORMANCE FROM THE NORWEGIAN NATIONAL BALLET
- Player in A GALA PERFORMANCE FROM THE NORWEGIAN NATIONAL BALLET
Artikler og Pressemeldinger
I hemmelighet hoppet verdens beste danser av til Norge.Friday, October 11, 2013Cubansk ambisjon, norsk diplomati og en solid dose mot. Her er historien om hvordan en av verdens beste dansere hoppet av Cubas nasjonalballett for å danse hovedroller i Operaen.Read more