"Stine Østvold is an excellent dancer. She is extraordinarily expressive and demonstrates a high level of commitment. When she is on the stage, our attention is inexorably drawn to her." This is how the Norwegian Opera & Ballet's Ballet Club explained its decision to award its annual stipend for 2013 to Stine Østvold.
Østvold has played starring roles as the Gold Fairy and the Silver Fairy in Mats Ek's modern version of Sleeping Beauty and solo roles in classical productions such as Swan Lake and The Nutcracker. She has danced prominent roles in Lightfoot and León's Sh-Boom, Start To Finish and Softly as I Leave You, Duato's Por vos muero, Forsythe's The Second Detail and Enemy in the Figure, and in a range of works by Kylián, including Bella Figura, Gods and Dogs and Tar and Feathers.
Many roles have also been created for her by choreographers such as Ingun Bjørnsgaard in Standard Arabesque and Pictures with a Flicker of Frailty, Kjersti Alveberg in Journey on Dreamt Ocean and Jorma Elo in Death and the Maiden and Brake Green.
Østvold arrived at the Norwegian National Ballet in 2000, following a background in rhythmic gymnastics in which she won both the Norwegian and Nordic Championships. She studied at the Norwegian National Academy of Dance and was associated with the Ingun Bjørnsgaard Prosjekt and Oslo Danse Ensemble (ODE) before joining the Norwegian National Ballet.
- Cora in Kylián: Last Touch First
- Future Memories – an evening with Jiří Kylián
- Stemor in Cinderella
- Vals in Cinderella
- Dream Play in Dream Play
- Without Words in Dream Play
- Madame in Manon
- One flat thing, reproduced in Back to the Future
- Bathilde in Giselle
- Bathilde / Willi in Giselle
- Fru Stahlbaum / Arabisk in The Nutcracker
- Fru Stahlbaum / Arabisk kvinne in The Nutcracker
- Snøfnugg in The Nutcracker
- Snøfnugg / Blomster in The Nutcracker
- Bathilde in Giselle
- Grevinne Vronskaja in Anna Karenina
- Salonscene 2 in Anna Karenina
- Falling Angels in AN EVENING WITH JIŘÍ KYLIÁN: BLACK & WHITE
- Petite Mort in AN EVENING WITH JIŘÍ KYLIÁN: BLACK & WHITE
- Same Difference in AN EVENING WITH LEÓN & LIGHTFOOT
- Fru Stahlbaum in The Nutcracker
- Falling Angels in Kylian: Black & White
- Petite Mort in Kylian: Black & White
- Sult in Jo Strømgren: Hunger and The Outskirts