Eli Kristin Hanssveen
A strong voice and a unique stage presence are recurring descriptions of Eli Kristin Hanssveen in the reviews. The soprano from Hadeland made her debut with the Norwegian National Opera in 2002 and became a soloist in 2007.
She has starred in strong female roles such as Gilda in Rigoletto, Norina in Don Pasquale, Zerbinetta in Ariadne auf Naxos and the Queen of the Night in The Magic Flute. She recently sang the role of Violetta in La traviata for the first time, in Stavanger, Bodø and Tromsø. She has also sung the role of Solveig in the Peer Gynt play performed at Gålå, and Margrethe in the premiere of the heavy metal opera Faust.
Eli Kristin Hanssveen has a broad musical range, and has previously sung both pop and folk songs. She has done several CD-recordings, including her first solo-CD of arias, released in 2013: Sempre libera. In autumn 2013 she sang the part as Eurydice in Gluck's Orpheus and Eurydice and starred in the programme Stjernekamp on NRK.
In spring 2014 she sings Musetta in La Bohème and takes over the Second House along with Thor Inge Falch, Hege Schøyen and Øivind Blunck in the show Hege og Øivind går til Operaen.
Hanssveen became in 2009 the first singer to receive one of Norway's greatest cultural scholarships: Tom Wilhelmsen Foundation Opera and Ballet Prize.
- Hege og Øivind går til Operaen vår 14
- Primadonnaen in Viva la mamma
- Liù in
- Første dame in The Magic Flute
- Første dame in The Magic Flute 16
- Kvinnen in Elysium
- Liù in Turandot
- Evrydike in Orpheus and Eurydice
- Clorinda in La Cenerentola
- Love in Romeo and Juliet
- Musetta in La bohème
- Pamina in The Magic Flute
- Sopran solo, Skuld in Heimferd / going home
- Violetta Valéry in La traviata
- Nella (Gianni Schicchi) in Il tabarro / Gianni Schicchi