Jens-Erik Aasbø trained at the Norwegian Academy of Music and the National Academy of Operatic Art in Oslo, where he graduated in spring 2011.
From the 2011/2012 season, Jens-Erik has been an apprentice soloist and a guest soloist at the Norwegian National Opera, performing in productions such as The Magic Flute (Mozart), Macbeth (Verdi), Tristan und Isolde (Wagner), The Fourth Watch of the Night (Kverndokk), Salome (R. Strauss) and Robin Hood (Schwemmer).
In 2013/14 Jens-Erik was a guest at the Theatro Municipal of São Paulo in Brazil, where he performed the roles of The Commendatore in Don Giovanni (Mozart) and Fasolt in Das Rheingold (Wagner).
This season he will perform in Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk, Don Giovanni, La Traviata, The Barber of Seville and Lohengrin.
- Bartolo in The Marriage of Figaro
- Bass in Verdis Requiem
- Bonze in Madama Butterfly
- Cesare Angelotti in Tosca
- Doktor Grenvil in La traviata
- Don Basilio in The Barber in Seville
- Don Basilio in The Barber of Seville
- Fire adelige fra Brabant in Lohengrin
- Hunding in The Valkyrie, Act 1
- Kommandanten in Don Giovanni
- Kommandanten in Don Giovanni 14/15
- Løytnant Ratcliffe in Billy Budd
- Masetto in Don Giovanni
- Mester Laurentsius in Anne Pedersdotter
- Politikommissær in Der Rosenkavalier
- Politikommissær in Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk
- Politikommissær in Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk vår 16
- Raimondo in Lucia di Lammermoor
- Rocco in Fidelio
- Sarastro in The Magic Flute
- Sarastro in The Magic Flute 16
- Sparafucile in Rigoletto
- Veit Pogner in The Master Singers of Nuremberg
- Zuniga in Carmen
- Zuniga in Carmen – a scenic concert